We are always on the lookout for community members who are interested in auditioning for one of our shows. Whether it is your first time on stage, or you’re a veteran actor we want you to come out and show us what you’ve got. Check back often or follow us on Facebook to stay up to date with any upcoming auditions.
If you’re new to Theatre here is more information about what an Actor does:
• an ability to put personal skills like imagination, emotional honesty and empathy at the service of a creative process
• an ability to focus and listen
• vocal training for greater power, expressiveness and clarity
• physical training stressing general fitness, flexibility and grace
• insight into the psychology of human behavior
• a ready understanding of and love for language
• high-level reading, research and text analysis skills
Other performance skills an actor develops can increase the range of roles for which he or she may be considered. These include singing, dancing and playing a musical instrument; fencing/stage combat and physical theatre skills; circus skills like clowning, acrobatics and juggling; Commedia dell’ Arte and mask techniques; and training in improvisation. Reports to the individual Show Director. Moderate to heavy time commitment, show dependent.